Whats Up Next Nov-March
Please see below synopsis of our social programme up until the end of march 2014.The list does now include “by popular demand” a New Years Eve Party which I can promise you will be well worth attending should you be in town on the night!
The next two events in the Club are the Christmas Fayre on Saturday 7 December, guess who is Santa competition included, and the Special Christmas Quiz and Club Prize Draw on Thursday 19 December – Definitely not to be missed, members will be talking about being there for years afterwards!
Full details of each event will be posted on the website as soon as possible and on the Club noticeboard as each event draws near.
In addition to the above please don’t forget that Des Owen hosts the Music Night on the first wednesday of every month and that the Club Quiz Night is every Thursday come rain or shine.
I, as always, look forward to seeing you all as often as you can make it to the Club.
Yours in Sailing
Programme Details are:-
- Saturday 7 December – NWCC Christmas Fayre and Visit by Father Christmas. – Fayre 1100 onwards, Father Christmas arrives at 1200 on Conwy Jetty then moves to his Grotto in the Club. Open to all. Always fantastic fun this one. Santa and his Little Helpers, Children, Visitors, Club Members and who knows who else may call in!
- Thursday 19 December – A Special NWCC Christmas Quiz and Prize Draw. – A party to get the Christmas spirits coursing through the blood!!! This evening will incorporate the Grand Draw for the Club Christmas Booze Hamper (should you neither have seen it nor bought a ticket, it is on display in the bar tickets £3 each ), The Bling Raffle ( also on display in the bar, tickets £1 each ) and other spot prizes with a Christmas theme. The evening will feature a Novel, Fun and Unusual Challenging Christmas Quiz. Everything gets underway at 2030 and all are invited. Supper will be served during the evening utilising the famous “Jacob’s Join” principal – bring a plate of food that you would like to eat but don’t mind sharing with others!
- Tuesday 31 December 2013 – New Years Eve Party. – This will now definately happen by popular demand. 2000 until late, Supper Provided ( menu and cost TBD ). The theme for the evening will be 1960’s Rock and Roll, so dust of that old Beatle Jacket (you know you kept it) and Winkle Pickers, get out your Mary Quant Frocks. This is going to be some serious fun! Dancing, Witty Conversation/Anecdotes and good old Rock and Roll Music. Look out for the list on the Noticeboard.
- Saturday 25 January 2014 – Burn’s Night Dinner. – A Traditional and Stylish Burn’s Night Dinner 1900 for 1930, Kilts or Plaids desirable.
- Saturday 15 February 2014 – A Traditional Royal Air Force Mess Dinner – Dining downstairs in the bar area to celebrate both our Courageous Aviators and Valentines Day. 1900 for 1930.
- Saturday 22 March 2014 – The 2014 Sailing Season Fitting Out Party/Supper – A Wales at Sea themed evening-daffodils compulsory!
Thats all for now. I hope to see you all at the events planned.