We warmly welcome sailing and motor boats, and also offer very low priced social membership for non boat-owners.
- Our Club House is in Lower High Street, a one minute walk from both the centre of town and the river.
- NWCC is a friendly and hospitable club with a resident steward.
- Sail in company and benefit from local knowledge – take a look at our on-the-water events ➡️.
- We have a wide range of social events throughout the year – take a look at our social events ➡️.
- Very low cost Social Membership is also available for non boat owners.
- We offer a variety of RYA shore based courses and online courses – take a look ➡️.
- We run a regular launch service throughout the week and weekend, members get significant discounts and priority service.
How to Apply
1. Download a form below, or pick one up from the clubhouse
2. Fill in the form for yourself and any family members
3. Either scan and email your completed form, or return it by post
Please remember to mark the envelope ‘Membership Application’
North Wales Cruising Club Ltd
Lower High Street
Full Membership of the Club is for those owning at least a quarter share in a seaworthy boat and to Officers of the Royal Navy and Merchant Navy and Pilots.
(Members in this class may request to retain Full membership rights on ceasing to own a quarter share in a seaworthy boat but must agree to pay Full Member subscriptions).
Spouse / Partner Member
Membership in this category is restricted to the spouse or partner of a Full Member.
For those who do not own a share in a boat but crew for other people. To be eligible for Crew Membership, the owner of any boat on which the applicant crews must be a Full Member of the Club.
For owners with a boat permanently based abroad. The spouse or partner of an Overseas Member may join as an Associate (Non-Boating) member. Overseas members can purchase and use any NWCC merchandise.
For children of a Full or Family Member under the age of 21 and/or in full time education.
Non-Boating / Social Member
For those who are not Boat Owners, Family or Crew but wish to use the Club facilities and join in the shore side / social events only. Non-Boating Members are not entitled to concessionary rates on the Club launch.
Election of Members
All new member applications are reviewed by the Committee before Membership is approved.
Subscriptions are due on April 1st each year, and will cover the period to the following 31st March. Subscription rates for all classes of membership reduce by (approximately) 50% on 1st October and 75% on 1st January for new members joining the club.
New members – In your first year you are entitled to a 20% discount off the full rates only when paying by Direct Debit.
Subsequent years – The membership rates are as follows:
|WITH DIRECT DEBIT||NON DIRECT DEBIT|
|Full||£ 110.00||£ 55.00||£ 27.50||£ 115.00||£ 57.50||£ 28.75|
|Spouse / Partner||£ 85.00||£ 42.50||£ 21.25||£ 90.00||£ 45.00||£ 22.50|
|Cadet||£ 5.00||£ 2.50||£ 1.50||£ 5.00||£ 2.50||£ 1.50|
|Crew||£ 85.00||£ 42.50||£ 21.25||£ 90.00||£ 45.00||£ 22.50|
|Overseas||£ 50.00||£ 25.00||£ 12.50||£ 55.00||£ 27.50||£ 13.75|
|Associate (Non-Boating)||£ 30.00||£ 15.00||£ 7.50||£ 30.00||£ 15.00||£ 7.50|
No member may introduce more than four guests at any one time. No guest may be introduced for more than six days in any one year. Unaccompanied Cadet members shall not be permitted to introduce guests into the Club without first obtaining permission from an officer or member of the committee.
Children are welcome in the clubhouse at all times. However, children under 14 years of age are not permitted to purchase drinks from the bar. Parents are requested to be responsible at all times for their children’s behaviour whilst in the bar area.
With the exception of Assistance Dogs, no dogs shall be admitted on the Club Premises unless on a lead, and not at all after 18:00.
The forms are provided in Adobe PDF format, so either your device will need to natively read PDF files (e.g. iOS / Mac) or you will need to install Adobe Acrobat Reader.