RYA VHF DSC Radio Course and Assessment
Date(s) - 10th March 2018 - 11th March 2018
Every vessel equipped with a VHF radio must have on board at least one person holding the VHF DSC Short Range certificate.
On booking you will receive a copy of the phonetic alphabet to learn before the course, and login details so that you can study the course slides online prior to attending the course.
On the Saturday and Sunday morning you’ll receive instruction from Ian Cheek of North West Sailing, and practice on dummy VHF radios. On the Sunday afternoon you will have a short assessment, and, if successful, your SRC Certificate will follow by post.
Please note that you need to bring a passport sized photograph of yourself to give to your assessor on the Sunday, to be included in your Operator’s Certificate.
On Saturday 10th March, instruction will run all day from 0900 to 1700 with a break for lunch.
On Sunday 11th March, instruction will run from 0900 to 1200, there will be a break for lunch and assessments will run from 1300.
£110 is payable to the Club on booking, which includes a course pack. We accept payments by the following methods:
- In advance by cheque (please make payable to “North Wales Cruising Club Ltd” and send by post or hand over at the bar)
- In advance by card or cash at the Clubhouse
- Through electronic fund transfer (please request bank account details when making booking)
- Using RYA training vouchers in advance (please ensure the correct value as we cannot give change)
- Via your existing Direct Debit instruction if you are a Club member
The exam fee of £60 must be paid to the assessor on the day, and cash or credit / debit cards are accepted.
Please book using the form below or email [email protected].
We can take a maximum of 9 students and will need a minimum of 6 to run the course.
Bookings are closed for this event.